Posted to alt.home.repair
Michael Wilson Michael Wilson is offline

Default Pressure tank without shutoff valve

On Saturday, August 2, 2014 2:43:25 PM UTC-5, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 8/2/2014 3:26 PM, trader_4 wrote:

On Saturday, August 2, 2014 3:19:42 PM UTC-4,

Michael Wilson wrote:

The plumber said the diaphragm is broken in the

tank we have. The pressure switch constantly flips

on when water is run in the house. He wants $900.00

to replace it with an Amtrol WX203 32 Gal tank. I'm

putting in a Flotec 35 Gallon instead.

If the tank is otherwise OK, I believe on some, if

not all of them, you

can replace the diaphram/bladder.

I'd first try to reinflate, and see if the bladder is

still there. Might be just a couple minutes with air

compressor could get by for the next year or more.

--

.

Christopher A. Young

Learn about Jesus

www.lds.org

.

I have been inflating it every few days to keep the pump from running too much. The current tank is welded shut, so no chance of fixing the bladder/diaphragm. In any case, I've already bought the tank. It's on my porch, ready for action.