Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_17_] Frank[_17_] is offline

Default Pressure tank without shutoff valve

On 8/2/2014 3:43 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 8/2/2014 3:26 PM, trader_4 wrote:
On Saturday, August 2, 2014 3:19:42 PM UTC-4,

Michael Wilson wrote:
The plumber said the diaphragm is broken in the

tank we have. The pressure switch constantly flips
on when water is run in the house. He wants $900.00
to replace it with an Amtrol WX203 32 Gal tank. I'm
putting in a Flotec 35 Gallon instead.

If the tank is otherwise OK, I believe on some, if

not all of them, you
can replace the diaphram/bladder.

I'd first try to reinflate, and see if the bladder is
still there. Might be just a couple minutes with air
compressor could get by for the next year or more.

I think originally that there was no bladder in pressure tanks and they
just relied on the air space. They added bladders later since the air
will eventually dissolve in the water requiring air to be added frequently.