Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Pressure tank without shutoff valve

On 8/2/2014 3:19 PM, Michael Wilson wrote:
On Saturday, August 2, 2014 2:13:51 PM UTC-5, Stormin Mormon wrote:

So, tell us why you're replacing the tank? might be
that's not your real problem.

.

The plumber said the diaphragm is broken in the

tank we have. The pressure switch constantly flips
on when water is run in the house. He wants $900.00
to replace it with an Amtrol WX203 32 Gal tank. I'm
putting in a Flotec 35 Gallon instead.

Before spending $900, I'd be tempted to do some more
research. I'm right on the edge of my wisdom, about
well tanks. Is there a tire inflater valve on there
some where? Might check that with a tire gage, see if
there is pressure. Also press the valve stem, see if
water comes out. (If water comes out, I think that
indicates bad diaphragm.)

Just for diagnostic, I'd also turn off the well pump
breaker, and put an air compressor on the tire valve.
Inflate to 30 PSI, See if you can get air to come out
the water faucets (sign of leaking diaphragm).

Who knows? Might just be the tank needs reinflating.

--
..
Christopher A. Young