Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Pressure tank without shutoff valve

On Saturday, August 2, 2014 2:47:28 PM UTC-4, Pico Rico wrote:
"Harry K" wrote in message

On Saturday, August 2, 2014 10:56:52 AM UTC-7, Michael Wilson wrote:

First call, longtime listener.

I'm changing out the water pressure tank, but I don't have a shut off

valve from tank to well to drain the tank. If I turn off the breaker to

the well pump, will this effectively shut off the water so I can drain the

tank and replace it? Help much appreciated.

Mike

Yes, and while you are chaning it out, you should install that missing

shut-off valve.

Harry K

I have never seen a well pump with a valve (other than a check valve) on its

outlet to the pressure tank.

If you mean you've never seen a shut off valve between the well and the
tank, I agree. There normally isn't one and there is no need for one.
There typically is a drain valve on the tank and a valve between the tank
and the house water system or whatever it's supplying.

All he has to do is shut off the pump and drain the tank.