Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Pressure tank without shutoff valve

On 8/2/2014 1:56 PM, Michael Wilson wrote:
First call, longtime listener.

I'm changing out the water pressure tank, but I

don't have a shut off valve from tank to well to
drain the tank. If I turn off the breaker to the
well pump, will this effectively shut off the water
so I can drain the tank and replace it? Help much
appreciated.

Mike

Yes, should. I'd open a couple faucets, to drain
the pressure. Expect to get a little wet, no such
thing as perfect.

So, tell us why you're replacing the tank? might be
that's not your real problem.

--
..
Christopher A. Young