Posted to alt.home.repair
Pico Rico Pico Rico is offline

Default Pressure tank without shutoff valve

"Harry K" wrote in message
On Saturday, August 2, 2014 10:56:52 AM UTC-7, Michael Wilson wrote:
First call, longtime listener.

I'm changing out the water pressure tank, but I don't have a shut off
valve from tank to well to drain the tank. If I turn off the breaker to
the well pump, will this effectively shut off the water so I can drain the
tank and replace it? Help much appreciated.

Mike

Yes, and while you are chaning it out, you should install that missing
shut-off valve.

Harry K

I have never seen a well pump with a valve (other than a check valve) on its
outlet to the pressure tank.