Posted to rec.woodworking
Brewster[_2_] Brewster[_2_] is offline

Default A Little Ingenuity Saves the Back!

On 7/27/14 5:43 PM, wrote:
On Sun, 27 Jul 2014 15:27:18 -0500, -MIKE-
wrote:

On 7/27/14, 3:02 PM,
wrote:
On Sat, 26 Jul 2014 23:15:14 -0500, -MIKE-
wrote:

A couple dozen fence posts to remove. After the first two, I
decided I needed a change in technique. :-)

http://youtu.be/iMovNjHPRUw
The old "jaxk-all" or "handyman" jack works even better. a wrap of
chain around the post, hook over the snout of the jack, and "bob's
your uncle" -- Even an old bumper jack works fine - and a lot easier
to manipulate into position than the trolley jack.

True! I stated in another reply that most of the manufactured post
pullers I saw were just modified bumper jacks. Seems like there would
be a million uses for one of those given enough attachments.

Fence stretcher, bead breaker, post remover, building jack (to level
outbuildings) changing tires on tractors/implements, vitually anything
that needs moving or tightening.

BEST thing about the old style bumper jacks is no freaking oil leaking
out over the years!

-BR