Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_47_] Bill[_47_] is offline

Default Best screw head that won't strip

wrote:
On Fri, 01 Aug 2014 20:29:40 -0500, -MIKE-

On 2014-08-01, -MIKE- wrote:
On 8/1/14, 3:45 PM, whit3rd wrote:
But when you want to REMOVE a screw, you don't
want to apply a push (this hurts you because it increases friction).

I don't get this. Why not push when removing?
Because the objective is to _raise_ the screw. Pusing down on it
makes that harder to do and thus requires more torque to raise it. To
get more torque without cam-out yout have to push harder, which then
requires more torque to raise the screw, which requires you to push
harder...

Yeeeeeeeaaaahh, OK. wow

Like I said - a scarlet fish -(red herring)

I have a hunch this thread isn't over yet! ; )