Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT - knee replacement surgery

On Fri, 1 Aug 2014 15:42:21 +0200, nestork
wrote:

'dadiOH[_3_ Wrote:
;3266348']
Gotta remember, this is a HUGELY invasive procedure...massive cutting,
prying, poking etc. It is going to take a long while to heal and
(guessing) I don't think you should plan on kneeling for many weeks.

Unfortunately, gentlemen, I don't have very much choice in the matter.

I cannot enjoy the remainder of my life with my knees the way they are,
so it comes down to a matter of limping and hobbling around in pain for
the rest of my days, or having the knee(s) replaced and hoping for the
best.

That is, it's more of an unavoidable necessity than it is a "choice".
"Choice" is the word you use when you have other feasible options, and
that's not the case here.

Get 'em done. You'll likely curse yourself for putting it off as long
as you have. Way better than 90% have good to very good results over
the last 5-10 years.
Friend has both done within a year's time. 2 different brands/styles.
The first one gave better range of motion than the second.
Knees take longer to heal than hips, even though hips are more
intrusive (larger cuts) because the hip is a simpler joint.