Posted to alt.home.repair
TomR[_3_] TomR[_3_] is offline

Default Frigidaire Refrigerator FSC23F7DSB3 (fixed)

In ,
Oren typed:

The LED was showing error codes. Wasn't able to adjust temps up and
down. Thermometer showed temps holding at proper level. Then I
unplugged the unit. Was then able to adjust them once plugged in
again. I set them to 0 / 37F respectively, but the LED jumped to 20 /
54F (IIRC). Left it alone., thinking it was the control board with the
LED and not the membrane switch.

I was not thinking at the time I adjusted the temps that it needed
time to acclimate and allow the temps on the LED to adjust. Left the
thermometer in the fresh food side. Got up this morning and was happy
to see things looked normal. Temps were where I had adjusted them too.
Still holding the correct temps, matched by the thermometer I used.

Now that you mention it, that's what happened with my tenant's refrigerator.
We did the unplug, wait, and re-plug routine as the customer service rep
suggested, but the readings didn't seem to fix themselves right away. At
about 6 PM when we did that, he said he would wait a while and let me know
what happened. And, we agreed that if it wasn't working correctly the next
morning we would call a repair person. He texted me at about 10 PM and said
everything was back to normal. He checked again the next morning and texted
me that all was good. Problem was fixed.

Lesson: Even though there were no lightning strikes nearby (prior day)
or any on the day the error codes we discovered. Apparently, there was
a spike in power that didn't harm anything, but unplugging the unit
DID fix the problem and allowing it to adjust.

That was our story too. Maybe it's a Frigidaire thing. The truth is that I
didn't even know that it had the LED temperature device when I bought it.

Still have my money

Me too. My main concern was whether the food in the fridge and freezer
would go bad and also how complicated it would be to get someone to come out
and fix it if needed. It was a great feeling to know that by just doing
what the customer service person said, the problem went away completely.