Posted to uk.d-i-y
Phil L Phil L is offline

Default To kill a buddleia

"Mike Barnes" wrote in message
How to kill a buddleia?

It's growing in the 8" gap between the greenhouse and the boundary fence
(sheep netting). It's distorted the greenhouse frame, breaking one of the
panes. I've hacked back the buddleia and replaced the pane.

Knowing that buddleias like a good prune I'm assuming it's likely to carry
on growing and cause more damage, so I'd like to kill it. First thoughts
are chemical, but I don't know what to use and how to apply it.

Ideas?

These are everywhere these days, no sooner has a building been demolished,
there's dozens of these hideous things sprawling everywhere.

I actually seen a few grown purposely in someone's rather neat garden a few
days ago...why would anyone want a huge weed as a centrepiece?

They are now classed as 'invasive'.

If I were you, I'd jump over the fence and spray everything with glyphosate,
leaves, stump and anything else that's showing.
Pick up any flower / seed heads that may have dropped or been cut down
otherwise you'll have several clumps next year.