Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Other Mike[_3_] The Other Mike[_3_] is offline

Default Indespension Trailer book

On Thu, 31 Jul 2014 11:52:44 +0100, Rick Hughes
wrote:

I have had the narrow Indespension manual for many years and built a few
trailers, using their parts and based on the plans in the book.

The new A4 sized ... book has a lot more information ........ bought it
and dumped the old book.

However just noticed today that the section on Trailer plans is not in
the new book ......... Indespension confirm they have 'discontinued'
providing the plans.

About now I feel stupid for throwing away old manual ....

Does nay one have the old manual, and feel like scanning the plans
section and putting them somewhere for download ?

There have been at least two A4 sized indespension books over the years with the
plans in, dating sometime from the late 80's to the mid 90's. I can't even
recall ever seeing a *smaller* version. I will still have copies about somewhere
as that kind of thing never gets thrown away - although I can't even think where
they would be.

They presumably discontinued the plans because of the EU mandated plating / type
approval requirements that effectively made homebuilds 'illegal' from a couple
of years ago - albeit easy to circumvent for 'unplated' trailers with a few dabs
of paint, spray on rust and mud etc.