Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Any easy way to delaminate a big transformer

"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" wrote:

fired this volley in
:

Like what? Like your EE degree died? How the hell does anyone's
college degree go away?

Like most fools, you understand only what you care about what people say,
not what they actually say.

Did I ever say I had a degree in Electrical Engineering? No. Did I say
I was an EE? Oh, yes. I was, for 30 years. And I can prove it.

There actually was a time in this country where skills and experience
mattered more than a piece of paper from a college. I studied electrical
engineering from the time I was a freshman in high school until two years
before I graduated college. I then switched to a Business Management
degree course, because - at the time - that's where the money was. And
then, I got a job as an EE WITH a management degree! And the money came!

But more importantly, if you had a single twitch of intelligence, you
could prove it, also. My name is out there on your magic 'web' attached
to a substantial career as an EE, and at least one popular electronic
invention, as well.

But you're probably too wrapped up in yourself to ever bother to do any
reasearch outside the in-your-head conversations you have with your
demons.

Lloyd, These idiot's ship has sailed. It was the RMS Titanic. Some
of the best EEs I've worked with were self taught, because it was their
passion. More than one had a copy of the ARRL handbook on their office
shelves to remind them of their start. These idiots don't know that EE
is divided into power and electronics fields. They don't wire homes for
a living. That's what minimum wage 'Wire monkeys' are for. I read
everything I could get my hands on as a kid, and asked a lot of
questions. Many went unanswered, for years but I kept at it. They are
just upset that they are so clueless. The MIT EE courseware is
available on their website, but these knuckle draggers won't even look
at it.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.