Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] walter_evening@post.com is offline

Default Any easy way to delaminate a big transformer

On Wednesday, July 30, 2014 6:10:53 PM UTC-4, amdx wrote:
On 7/29/2014 2:53 PM, wrote: On Monday, July 28,

When you brought up the safety of stun guns, the concept of impedance

became important.

That would have been true if impedance had been a previous part of the discussion. Otherwise, you are dragging in new arguments before addressing the older one... which was ONLY *is the safer voltage the higher or not*.

I can give you simple model of a voltage source with
impedance if you are interested.

No. To be pertainent, that would have had to have been a part of Lloyd's question.

I don't think I ever mentioned capacitance.

Yes, just like impedance was never mentioned in the original question.

(here's your chance to find me wrong)

Just respond to safety issues of certain alternating current high vs

low voltage circuitry.

Would you like to rewrite that?

Better, yet, how does Lloyd feel about it.
(the person who actually *asked* the question)

What's worse is perhaps the terms you list above actually are

addressed in an NEC edition, but by different terminology.

Why is that worse?

Because I consider claims that a topic isn't in a reference manual

when they could actually be worse. Is that bad?

No that's fine. Output impedance may not be in the NEC because line

current is low impedance and if it goes high impedance you have a

problem. But there could be some reference to it regarding ground rods,

although they may just call it resistance.

Here is a page that suggests stun guns are limited to 3 ma or 4 ma and

most are limited to 1 ma to 2 milliamps.

Amperage wasn't in Lloyd's question. That's just the problem with

his question. You have to pay attention, amdx.

Amperage is implicit in his question, without current there is no safety

issue. Your lack of understanding of electricity makes it very difficult

to have any type of conversation.

My lack of understanding compared to who's? Your's? What does that

tell you?

I tells me I have a better understanding of this than you, so you

could learn from me.

Though anything you could have added to mogulah's answer to Lloyd's question would still not have shown mogulah's answer to have been wrong.

If mogulah wants to learn, then there are always *more accredited* continuing education courses. Curious you fail to mention that, but do you agree?

If the voltage is not high enough it won't push enough current to damage

the heart.

That's your opinion.

No, that's fact.

Not always, because there are always a few incidents with high amperages that miraculously turn out not to be fatal (thank goodness).