Posted to alt.home.repair
Moe DeLoughan Moe DeLoughan is offline

Default Trimming wood vs. metal exterior doors

On 7/30/2014 2:20 PM, TomR wrote:
I need to replace an exterior front door -- just the door slab, and not the
frame. The actual size of the existing door itself (not the opening, which
is a little larger) is 31 5/8 inches X 78 3/4 inches X 1 3/4 inches.

I assume that I will need to buy a 32x80 exterior door and trim it a little
to fit.

My question is, does that mean that I have no real choice other than to buy
a wood door because only a wood door can be trimmed?

Or, is there a way to trim exterior metal doors to fit the opening?

Do you have a Menards in your area? They sell custom-built doors.
http://www.menards.com/main/mastercr...rDesigner.html