Posted to alt.home.repair
Julie Bove Julie Bove is offline

Default Water heater wisdom, lesson learned

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
On 7/22/2014 2:08 PM, Oren wrote:
On Tue, 22 Jul 2014 09:27:06 -0400, Stormin Mormon

Any gas appliance; say, a WH, a grill or a gas fireplace, have
instructions on a label. At least in the last 20 years, for sure?

I did once "bleed" the air from a black pipe gas line on a WH. Smelled
the odor and immediately turned the ball valve off - connected the
flexible gas line and followed the instructions on the label. WH fired
right up.

Being male, I didn't look on the WH for
instructions.

That would explain why I read the instructions. Mine also has a plastic
pocket that holds paperwork with instructions. I actually sat down there
the last time I lit it and read them all. Now I know how to look at the
light blinks to determine what if any problem, there is.