Posted to uk.d-i-y
harryagain[_2_] harryagain[_2_] is offline

Default To kill a buddleia

"Tim+" wrote in message
"harryagain" wrote:
"Mike Barnes" wrote in message
How to kill a buddleia?

It's growing in the 8" gap between the greenhouse and the boundary fence
(sheep netting). It's distorted the greenhouse frame, breaking one of
the
panes. I've hacked back the buddleia and replaced the pane.

Knowing that buddleias like a good prune I'm assuming it's likely to
carry
on growing and cause more damage, so I'd like to kill it. First thoughts
are chemical, but I don't know what to use and how to apply it.

Ideas?

Cut it off and paint "Roundup" on the cut stems.
Kills it easy,

How does that work when it's only absorbed through the leaves?

It works,
You only have to break the bark. Leaves have holes in them ready made.
How do you suppose th roundup gets down to the roots?
Large stumps can heve holes drilled in a circle just beneath the bark and
Roundup tipped in.