Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
amdx[_3_] amdx[_3_] is offline

Default Any easy way to delaminate a big transformer

On 7/30/2014 9:32 AM, wrote:
On Tuesday, July 29, 2014 6:56:22 PM UTC-4, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh wrote:
"Jim Wilkins" fired this volley in news:lr96t1$vtm

To whomever it is who believes to the contrary: Please cite an

authoritative document that states clearly that higher voltage LINE

service - directly from the pole OR through non-GFCI breakers - is safer

against fatal hazard (any kind of fatality will do) than lower-voltage

LINE service similarly connected.

You're probably going to hate the response, but the answer is still the same.
(and I know amdx is now going to run back in wanting to teach about every irrelevancy in the world that he can - outside of solely same-service AC high/low voltage,
so let's now see what he has to babble on and on about)

You example still doesn't work.

I do have a copy of the 2008 NEC, so that would be a good one to cite.

I just go by NEC quotes from search engines. My actual paper and print NEC book is too far away from me most of the time.

Don't divert the conversation to tasers or Tesla coils, or other

silliness.

But its true. A stun-gun, or even a taser is, in fact, hooked up to its AC battery charging circuitry most of the time, right?
That technically qualifies as the answer to your question right there - much, much higher "safer" AC voltage.
--
http://www.defensemaster.com/Air_Tas...ry_charger.htm
Precisely what you asked for. (whether amdx wants to play "professor" and add or "teach us" irrelevant info to that or not,

notice he hasn't dare tried to deny it)

Deny what?

Did you notice the link shows the charger is a wall wart that contains a
stepdown transformer to lower the voltage to a safe level of around 12
volts to charge the battery in the stun gun.

Could you tell me what irrelevant information I posted.

It is starting to be fun watching you protect your ego by deflecting
everything away from the idea that you posted, which was 277 volts is
safer than 120 volts . These are both line voltages and have plenty of
current.
I think I understand how you concluded that incorrect idea.
For my example I'll us a 120 watt light bulb.
At 12 volts the bulb would draw 10 amps.
At 120 volts the bulb would draw 1 amp.
At 240 volts the bulb would draw 0.5 amps.
At 480 volts the bulb would draw 0.25 amps
As you can see the higher the voltage the less current, so the higher
voltage must be safer, right? WRONG.
But, I think you have probably got the proper information and are able
to process it, to know how current and voltage work.
I hope I have been instrumental in your education.
Thanks, it has been my pleasure,
Mikek

---