Posted to alt.home.repair
harry k harry k is offline

Default OT The advantages of home repair

On Tuesday, July 29, 2014 1:33:38 PM UTC-7, Terry Coombs wrote:

snip

I've found that splitting firewood is a great way to help control my
weight . Tightens up the ol' abs too . I'm up to a little over 2 cords ,
would like 3 more before the weather gets cold .

I heat 99% with wood and the work involved in it is my physical therapy. Just finished splitting/stacking 4 1/2 cords working at at 1 hour per day every orning (weather permitting). I need to either boost the time I spend doing it or cut down on the brews, my belly isn't getting any smaller

I should be out cutting more in a day or two if the farmer has harvested the field I have to cross to get to the trees.

I have about 70 cords of black locust split and stacked almost all done manually. The Locust Borer killed BL all over this county and I harvested almost every dead tree withing 30 miles of the house. I have a hydraulic splitter but it only sees the tough stuff (knots/crotches, etc).

Harry K