Posted to rec.woodworking
G. Ross G. Ross is offline

Default Breathable Noise Filter

John Grossbohlin wrote:
wrote in message ...

The compressor is a Senco PC1010 which is pretty small, so I may be
able to get away with rubber baffles and reasonably quiet fans to
input and output air flow. Hmmm, guess I have some things to consider.

A plywood box lined with Rockwool, or perhaps denim, batt insulation, held
in place with wire cloth, that has indirect air intake and indirect air
outlets would work well... The insulation absorbs sound and the plywood
reflects it back into the insulation.

My club built a large one to accommodate a 2 bag 1.5 HP unit so we can use
it at our woodworking show.

Sounds like you're talking about a dust collector and he's talking
compressor. Two different types of sound.

One way to get compressed air quieter is to change to a belt-driven
compressor instead of a direct drive one. I've had both and the noise
is much louder with a direct drive.

--
 GW Ross

 It is the journey that matters, in