Posted to rec.woodworking
SteveB[_15_] SteveB[_15_] is offline

Default Theater chairs

On 7/29/2014 8:17 PM, wrote:
On Tuesday, July 29, 2014 9:43:01 PM UTC-5, SteveB wrote:

I have historically done much better than ebay prices on Craigslist on

items where shipping becomes an issue. I advertise in Las Vegas, and

there are people there who have quite a bit of disposable income. We

will see.

Steve

Good luck!

Hope you make a mint. There is a lot of tedious work ahead. You sure deserve more than your asking price.

Robert

This is new for me. I haven't really redone any furniture before, but
have some pieces to be done. I'm doing it more for the experience than
anything else. I can see that refinishing furniture is labor and cost
intensive, takes a lot of time, takes a lot of space, and is messy. I
think this will be a good starter project. Winter is coming, and it
will be a good indoor project to be taken at a steady pace. Luckily,
there is not a lot of reconstruction or repair to be done. I'll try the
sandblaster and see if I can improve on cleaning metal over the paint
remover process, or compare them. I am building up my stock of wood
tools, organizing my bench, consolidating and repairing power tools, and
just learning some basic things. I do metal work primarily, and would
like to do some combination work, like work with hand made hand hammered
metal accents. It's all fun, but a guy would have a hard time making a
living at it.

Steve