Posted to alt.home.repair
David Martel[_2_] David Martel[_2_] is offline

Default Frigidaire Refrigerator FSC23F7DSB3

Oren,

Wife found the control setting flashing. Lights out. Lights were off. Power
is on as I can get the lights back on and hear
what seems like a normal running unit. I can't get the control off/on
button to get a complete reset nor am I able to adjust the temps when
trying.

The flashing is an error code according to the owner's manual. Did you
note down that code? Isn't the alarm reset used to reset the alarm? What
"complete reset" do you expect?
There is an "off" button on the control panel. Have you tried cycling
that? I'd also unplug or disconnect at the breaker box, let sit for a
minute, then start up.
You say that the fridge "sounds" as if it's working but you don't tell us
whether the temps in both compartments are wrong.

The temp control setting acts like it resets, lights come back on
(fresh food side) and then goes back to 0°F for both sides.

So the control panel seems to be calling for 0 in the fresh food
compartment? Is the compartment getting frosty or is the display busted?

I'm troubled by your inability to adjust the freezer temp. That leads me
to believe that it's not a display problem.
I've often been happily surpised by removing a component such as the control
unit, cleaning all of the connections, and reinstalling the component.
The local appliance parts store will probably have a new control panel.
Give them a call, I think you may need to replace the control unit.
If your beer is in danger of getting warm you will need to drink it.
Don't worry about the wine, that's her problem.

Dave M.