Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT The advantages of home repair

philo wrote:
On 07/29/2014 03:33 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
philo wrote:
Two years ago I had my knees replaced so had not been able to do
much maintenance on my old house.

Knees now in good shape I decided to bring all the wiring up to code
and add a few more circuits. To get wires from the basement to
attic, had to run up along the chimney. Were it not for that I may
not have noticed that the flue was bad.

One repair job leading to another.

Now two weeks later I've done a lot of work and I'll be darned...
lost all that weight I gained from being inactive.

I've found that splitting firewood is a great way to help control
my weight . Tightens up the ol' abs too . I'm up to a little over 2
cords , would like 3 more before the weather gets cold .

When I was in the Army, I took a leave with one of my friends to visit
his 80 year old grandfather who lived in England.

With a two man saw we decided to help the guy and saw up some large
logs for him.

He ran over to us laughing and single handedly did it himself in less
than half the time it would have taken us.

I am not much of a firewood expert.

Neither am I , but I've learned that green wood doesn't heat as well as
seasoned ... last winter was my first rodeo , as they say . This year we'll
be warmer and I'll work less .

--
Snag