Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_5_] Leon[_5_] is offline

Default Duck clean release blue tape

Len wrote:
It's junk. It does not even stick to well itself! I put it over some
door hinges to protect them while I was painting the door. The tape would
not release after one day. I needed to use any means possible to get the
paper off. Then mineral spirits to get the glue off the hinges.

The original blue tape is more expensive, releases well, and, is cheaper
than the Duck brand you include the cost of your time.

My $.02

Len

Ok, you have to pay attention to what the specs say. Duck blue tape
indicates that you can apply up to 14 days before painting. That's BEFORE
painting. Even Frog tape says to remove the tape before the paint dies.
Many of these painters tapes have an additive in the adhesive that reacts
with the paint to seal the edge and prevent seepage. If you wait until the
paint dries you will have more difficulty with removal. And or if the tape
was not flat against the object being masked paint can seep under the tape
and cause more severe removal issues.