Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default DC extension cable

On 28/07/2014 11:58, Huge wrote:
On 2014-07-28, Bill wrote:

2 questions: These connectors are said to be reversible. I can't get my
head round whether there could be any problem if they were lent out. If
the extension cable were connected the wrong way round, it would
presumably have + on black and - on red, but this would be corrected in
the adapters?

Anderson connectors are hermaphroditic (IOW, they all fit together - there
are no male & female connectors).

AAMOI they can be made m/f.

I used to sell Wetrok scrubber drier machines. The batteries were
connected to the machine via Anderson connectors. The connector from
the batteries had a pin & the connectors from the machine and the
charger had a hole. This was to prevent the charger being connected
directly to the machine and it's electronics.

I recall one cheapskate, know it all, contractor refusing our quote to
replace a set of batteries, claiming he could get a better price
elsewhere. The cheap supplier fitted normal Anderson connectors and the
operator connected the charger directly to the machine - burning out
about £600 worth of circuit boards etc.