Posted to rec.woodworking
Morgans Morgans is offline

Default jointer

"John Grossbohlin" wrote

I wouldn't rely on this rule of thumb... the middle school near me, built
in the late 1960s, has 3 phase and runs even 6" jointers on it. I also
noticed a local Craigs List posting for a new 1/3 HP 3 phase motor... I
got the impression it was for a blower.

Yeah, but...

I had a machine with that exact same switch. Single phase all the way.
Have you EVER seen a 3 phase without a magnetic starter? Not me. Also,
that is a Lowes special cord cap. Not a twist lock, like a 3 phase. That
one only has three prongs. Single phase, all the way, for the third time.
Case closed.
--
Jim in NC

---