Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Theater chairs

On Tuesday, July 29, 2014 3:09:51 PM UTC-5, SteveB wrote:

People know I scrounge, so ask me to watch out

for things they want, and their price ranges. Of course, sometimes, it

comes out that the value is in excess of their projection, but I still

give them first right of refusal. Sometimes, it takes a long while,

sometimes I never find what they want. But it sure makes it easier

buying something when you know you have interested buyers, rather than

just taking a chance on an item.

Looking at these, and all the stripping, and work, I agree that they

might come in at more than $350. I was thinking of just painting over,

but there is such nice wood underneath, and it's pretty solid. I think

it would look great with the black off there, a light stain, and a

clearcoat.

It isn't an item with a particularly markup:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_saca...r+seats&_frs=1

among other examples...

Robert