Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Any easy way to delaminate a big transformer

On Tuesday, July 29, 2014 4:09:21 PM UTC-7, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh wrote:
amdx fired this volley in news:lr992c$dd8$1@dont-

email.me:

Oh man look at this:

"Hence, the danger of high voltage: high voltage means potential for

large amounts of current through your body, which will injure or kill

you. Conversely, the more resistance a body offers to current, the

slower electrons will flow for any given amount of voltage. Just how

much voltage is dangerous depends on how much total resistance is in

the

circuit to oppose the flow of electrons."

Mikek

AMAZING! I never knew that breaking such a small, simple law could kill

you!

Well... not until I was 11, and at 13 built my first phonograph amplifier

from scratch-parts (my _own_ design). General-Class ham operator by 16,

and if you recall those days, you actually had to know some electronics

to pass the written!

Lloyd

What a blow hard Loud is. I got my General class Amateur radio license when I was a teenager as well. You say you would like proof of this? No problem.. Unlike a liar and a bull****er like Loud, I always back up what I have to say with proof:

http://hamcall.net/call/WA1ZVS%3A1983

There was indeed a written test that was administered by the FCC. Why, Loud can't remember that is beyond me. Let me guess, Loud can't remember his call sign either. There was also a Morse code requirement. I took my General class license test at the FCC Boston office.

The major problem with Amateur radio was that other than doing work for Mars:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Militar...y_Radio_System

contesting, DXing and collecting foreign QSL cards, I found it to be boring as hell. It was mostly old, wheezy, buzzards talking about the weather. I probably would have enjoyed myself more if I had a lot of money or my parents were rich and they owned a big piece of land so I could have put up the antenna farm I wanted. My first rig was a Griefkit HW 101 that I built. I then sold that and got a Kenwood TS-520. Finally, I purchased a used Signal/One CX7B which was a major improvement over the other two transceivers I mentioned. I would have loved to have had an Alpha amp but didn't have the money.

None of this made me an expert in electronics. At best it gave me a very basic understanding of electronics. I passed both my Novice and my General license tests the first time. I skipped Technician class. I never did get my Advanced or Amateur Extra class license because I had become bored out of my ****ing mind within two years of being involved. I also found contest groups back them to be made up of clique idiots. I hated cliques back then as much as I hate them now.