Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Chevy vehicle question for the motorheads

fired this volley in
:

Now post your own up there and see if you even get a fraction of the
response?

Why? It would make me spend time doing something to get 'ego points' I
don't need.

I don't need 'followers', I need regular, repeat customers. I've got
those.

Mine is a very small market. All the people whom I'd like to know me
already know who I am, and how to contact me. I didn't build that up
with a web group, I built it by customer referrals.

Like I said, I am not a 'precision' machinist, but I can make parts that
work for decades. I'm not an expert at CNC, but I use it to make parts,
because CAD and CAM let me verify the parts will fit right before I make
them, and CNC is faster and more accurate than making them by hand
(expecially 'organic' shapes).

And this is because I'm not in the business of making 'parts'. I'm in
the business of designing and building robotic machinery to do a very
difficult, very dirty, dangerous job. Whatever gets me there is what I
need.

Many of the people who start up 'groups' like those on LinkedIn are just
looking for attention. Some folks holler about LinkedIn all the time, as
if it were some panacaea for incompetence and indolence. For me, it would
just be a distraction from what makes my daily bread.

If that's how they get their attention, I guess it's OK; it's just not
for me; or anyone else who works ten to twelve hour days at his trade.

Lloyd