Posted to alt.home.repair
Tekkie® Tekkie® is offline

Default Lack of cold water plaguing northwest subdivision...Before cable

micky posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

On Tue, 22 Jul 2014 15:56:37 -0400, wrote:

On Tue, 22 Jul 2014 12:29:27 -0700, Oren wrote:

"LAS VEGAS -- Imagine turning on the cold water tap only to find the
temperature won't get lower than 90 degrees. One northwest valley
subdivision has tried for months to cool down their water, but it's
still running warm."

...temps at 90.4ºF...

http://www.8newsnow.com/story/26076303/lack-of-cold-water-plaguing-northwest-subdivision

Why is it blamed on well water and shallow pipes, if I get the drift
on this report?

"Cold" water cruises in the 80s in SW Florida all summer. Where is the
surprise?
Vegas is a lot hotter than here.

What gets me is that they think a new house will be beter than an old
house. A lot of people just assume new is better.

Back in Brooklyn, I fixed things for money, and I was at a girl's dorm
room and she was complaining about the picture on her 12" tv. I said
that you live in a steel frame building, get a wire and connect it to
the antenna screws (and I showed her where they were) and put the other
end out the window. I came back a week later, and she'd bought
another tv, which worked no better. I told her again to get a wire for
a better antenna, and she gave me the old tv.

Is it true the only picture she got was that of her own dorm room?

--
Tekkie