Posted to uk.d-i-y
Robin Robin is offline

Default Ideal electrical systems (just idle curiosity)

That is the number of deaths and serious injuries in the UK every
year. Around 2.5 million people in the UK also receive a mains voltage
electric shock every year.

Figures from an Electrical Safety Council surveys which have long left
me a bit puzzled. As regards the 2.5m electric shocks, family etc I've
asked (who include people in work and retired, people with young
children, people in rented accommodation etc) don't seem to get shocks
at that rate. So I wonder who/where they are. And as regards "serious
in jury", they define that to include "severe pain" (and all whether or
not medical treatment required).

--
Robin
reply to address is (meant to be) valid