Posted to uk.d-i-y
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default Ideal electrical systems (just idle curiosity)

In article , Andy
Burns scribeth thus
harryagain wrote:

Our main link to Europe is not underwater, it is via the channel tunnel.

"IS" are you sure?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/bu...r-link-to-run-

through-channel-tunnel-2289665.html

I read lots of "PLANS", "PROPOSED", "WILL" and "COULD". Facts harry, you
should try some ...

ElecLink doesn't even seem to have started yet, and may never do

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/2f563bce-9...ml#axzz38kOXxd
kI

Proposed capacity is 1000MW (doubled from the initial 500MW capacity you
linked to), isn't the existing French connector 2000MW, and the existing
Dutch connector 1000MW, how would that make it the main link?

Seems they have greased enough palms as rules have now been bent for them

https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/ofgem-publi...ncoverletter.p
df

This is how we're going to get around power shortages in the UK look too
that forward thinking country France and pipe their nuclear power in by
that tunnel!..

Now we know the real reason why it was built, perhaps theres a 4th bore
there somewhere;?....
--
Tony Sayer