Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Chris B.[_3_] Chris B.[_3_] is offline

Default I need help with fixing a Tektronix 2245A oscilloscope (long)

On Sun, 27 Jul 2014 07:02:57 -0700, dave
wrote:

On 07/24/2014 08:14 PM, Chris B. wrote:

about 100 ohms.

I'd just like to have an idea of what the problem might be before I
change any more components. Now I'm half wondering if it's the IC and
the fact that it's facing up and has a fan on it is allowing it to
work properly. Anyway, thanks for reading my long story and I'd
appreciate any suggestions you have.

This is where I downloaded the service manual:

http://elektrotanya.com/tektronix_22.../download.html

The problem is you bought the scope without the manual that should
accompany it as it travels through life. I lucked out and got my $225
465 from a Tek sales rep/ham. The 2" thick manual includes all repairs,
upgrades, part substitutions, liner notes, etc. In a perfect world the
manual travels with the device.

I agree it's annoying when someone doesn't take proper care of
something like this, but who knows how many times it's changed hands.
Actually, it's very clean inside but the CRT shield is a little
scratched; in addition to the pouch and the manual, these things also
originally came with a plastic front cover to prevent this.