Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Paging a real plumber

In article ,
Onetap wrote:
On Thursday, July 24, 2014 6:34:34 AM UTC+1, harry wrote:

Total bollix.

I have hundreds of freeze ups. The pipe always splits axially after

bulging.

Unlikely that a soldered joint would fail before the tube split IMHO,
but you're assuming the joint had been properly made.

Just been with my brother who lives in the N of Scotland and asked him if
he'd ever seen this - since frozen pipes are going to be more common there
than here. And yes - he's had exactly that. The plumber who fixed it
didn't express surprise or mention how lucky he was to only have to pay
for such a simple repair. So it would be safe to assume it is common
enough.

It's still possible if it hadn't been done correctly (wrong clearances,
wrong solder, solder overheated & degraded, incompatible fittings,
etc.,). There're just so many ways to cock it up.

So it would seem there are several 'experts' on here who are anything but.

--
*Born free - taxed to death *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.