Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bill Wright[_2_] Bill Wright[_2_] is offline

Default Ideal electrical systems (just idle curiosity)

David Paste wrote:
Hello all.

The world has a few differing domestic electrical standards, 100, 120,
240 volts, 50 and 60 Hz and so on. Industrial customers have yet more.

Distribution via high voltage AC, and now DC in places.

I understand why various areas of the world have these differences - due
to historical reasons, etc.

My question is that if we were to have a brand new electrical system,
common to all areas, what would, or could, it be? Still AC? 300 volts?
Different frequency?

No real reason to ask other than idle curiosity.

Thanks in advance,

David Paste.

The idea system would be 1.5Volts. Then we would be able to run
everything from D cells.

Bill