Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Baron[_4_] Baron[_4_] is offline

Default I need help with fixing a Tektronix 2245A oscilloscope (long)

dave prodded the keyboard

On 07/24/2014 08:14 PM, Chris B. wrote:

about 100 ohms.

I'd just like to have an idea of what the problem might be before I
change any more components. Now I'm half wondering if it's the IC
and the fact that it's facing up and has a fan on it is allowing it
work properly. Anyway, thanks for reading my long story and I'd
appreciate any suggestions you have.

This is where I downloaded the service manual:

http://elektrotanya.com/tektronix_22.../download.html

The problem is you bought the scope without the manual that should
accompany it as it travels through life. I lucked out and got my
$225 465 from a Tek sales rep/ham. The 2" thick manual includes all
repairs, upgrades, part substitutions, liner notes, etc. In a
perfect world the manual travels with the device.

Yes thats true ! I still have my Tek scope manual somewhere kicking
around... Unfortunately the scope got pinched.

--
Best Regards:
Baron.