Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default A Little Ingenuity Saves the Back!

On 7/27/14, 10:30 AM, wrote:
On Sat, 26 Jul 2014 23:15:14 -0500, -MIKE-
wrote:

A couple dozen fence posts to remove. After the first two, I
decided I needed a change in technique. :-)

http://youtu.be/iMovNjHPRUw

That's a winner! I've just used a 2x and a 45degre angle (a lever
to convert horizontal to vertical motion) and pulled them with a
rope tied to my truck but that's even easier than bringing the truck
around.

The problem is that both techniques need an in-tact post. Often
they're pretty well rotten (the reason they're being replaced).

That's true... some just *have* to be dug out.
There are lots of mechanical post pullers available at the farm stores.
That's what got my buddy and I thinking about how we could make our own
with what I already had. No need to buy one just for a couple dozen
posts.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)