Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus12347 Ignoramus12347 is offline

Default Any easy way to delaminate a big transformer

On 2014-07-27, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:
amdx fired this volley in news:lr2s10$1rr$2@dont-
email.me:

I have a feeling that iggy is doing just fine for himself.

It pretty much seems that way to anyone who isn't jealous of him.

He usually forges ahead, but when he butts up against something
unfamiliar, he asks.

What's different about that from the way any competent tradesman works?

"Just try anything and if it doesn't work we'll try something else" is a
pretty expensive mantra (at the very least in man-hours, on a low-margin
task), especially with all the varied experiences on tap on the web.

Sometimes I hire 'experts' to solve materials handling issues (powders
and dusts, not metal). Usually, it's worth the money.

Pretending to be super intelligent, or super knowledgeable about
anything, is not something that interests me personally. I have some
things that I need done, like how to get copper out of a special
transformer, and when I feel that I need to ask, I ask.

If this makes me look bad in the eyes of "machining luminaries" like jon
banquer and "precision machinist", so be it.

There are people out there who build their entire life around
pretending to be something, and I try not to be one of them.