Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Roaches

On Fri, 25 Jul 2014 18:49:58 -0700, Todd wrote:

On 07/25/2014 09:15 AM, Oren wrote:
On Thu, 24 Jul 2014 14:15:11 -0400, Norminn
wrote:

They used a bait which
they said was peanut butter and boric acid....it was applied in little
dabs along baseboards, cabinet shelves, around appliances and

Instead of "dabs", use bottle caps. Mom called them "cupcakes". She
used strawberry jam, dust them on top with BA, with a little around
each cupcake for good measure. Roaches had to cross the BA to get to
the jam

I hate roaches.

Had the little *******s when I lived in George, Texas (not so little),
and South PRC (Peoples Republic of California). We used Roach
Proof (Boric Acid Powder) and Roach Motels. It worked.

Wish I'd know about the diatomaceous earth trick.

_BUGS AFFECTED BY DIATOMACEOUS EARTH_

"...Ants, fire ants, caterpillars, cut worms, army worms, fleas,
ticks, cockroaches, snails, spiders, termites, scorpions, silver fish,
lice, mites, flies, centipedes, earwigs, slugs, aphids, Japanese
beetles (grub stage), fruit flies, corn earworm, cucumber beetles,
corn borer, sting bugs, squash vine borers, thrips, loopers, etc.,
etc.

A study done by ACRES, USA, Inc. advised that after 12 months of grain
storage, the food grade diatomaceous earth treated material had 15
insects, compared to 4884 for malathion and 16,994 for untreated
grain."

http://wolfcreekranch1.tripod.com/diatomaceous_earth_mites.html

"...Apply DE to ant hills. Small ants, regardless of color, may
require a few applications to completely eliminate them, as they
burrow new hills elsewhere, after we cover their initial hill with DE,
but if we keep at it, eventually they disappear. Big ants are
eliminated within two applications of a reasonable amount of DE
applied to their ant hill. Ants in trash cans can be controlled by
either painting DE around the bottom of the trash can or sprinkling it
dry around it. They'll go elsewhere, as they do not like walking over
DE. Of course, you will need to find their home to completely
eliminate them, but it will keep them away from areas you put DE.
Sprinkled around the house foundation keeps new crawling insects from
coming inside.

Fire ants will need regular application of DE to eliminate them, but
if you continue regular applications, it will eliminate the fire
ants."

http://wolfcreekranch1.tripod.com/defaq.html