Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.design

Default OT Which direction is your ceiling fan SUPPOSED to run?

On Fri, 25 Jul 2014 23:12:31 -0400, wrote:

On Fri, 25 Jul 2014 22:42:58 -0400,
wrote:

On Fri, 25 Jul 2014 22:30:49 -0400, rickman wrote:

On 7/25/2014 9:11 PM,
wrote:
On Fri, 25 Jul 2014 15:26:29 -0400, rickman wrote:

What is a velux?

Just the best skylight made, bar none.

I just had new skylights put in when the roof was redone. They are
supposed to be good units but I'm not sure since the builder was the guy
up the road and when I asked for the paperwork couldn't come up with it.
lol I'm not likely to put in new ones. Even a Velux is not nearly as
good as what can be done with real insulation. After all, it *is* a
window.

As Clare pointed out, you risk losing the window if you insulate it
from below.

Even installing sun film on windows is dangerous. The whole front of
our office building is basically glass. Faces east. We had sun film
installed and within less than 2 weeks we had 6 broken windows.
Replaced the sealed units and film, no more failures (3 years ago)
These windows are about 4X10 feet or more.

That's not unusual. Double-pane glass is at particular risk (which I
would presume would be used for even a half-decent sky light). The
seals are easily broken due to the uneven expansion of the panes.

I don't know why anyone would block off a skylight, anyway. If you
went to the bother (and risk) of installing them, use 'em. I may
install a sun shade (blinds) but that's about it.