Posted to uk.d-i-y
DerbyBorn[_5_] DerbyBorn[_5_] is offline

Default Pedestal Door Hold Back

"Brian Gaff" wrote in
:

I've encountered many creative devices to do this job before. I always
thought one chaps idea so simple it surprised me nobody had made them.
Basically he had some pedestals which were hollow inside, but with a
kind
of hole down the outside. Inside was a bit of springy metal and a
little pedal sticking out. You pushed the pedal down, so the door
cleared the fixed bit of the hollow bit, then released the pedal and
the spring bit came up and stopped the door. However in you case I
feel really you need something both sides of each door or it might
strain the hinges.
Brian

I have seen the sort of thing you need in Lanzarote for holding back
shutter screen doors. They act as a stop to prevent the door opening too
far and hitting the wall and incorporate a catch to keep them open.