Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] mogulah@hotmail.com is offline

Default grounding lightbulbs, fuses and other parts

On Sunday, July 20, 2014 5:16:33 PM UTC-4, jon_banquer wrote:
On Sunday, July 20, 2014 1:51:30 PM UTC-7, wrote:

And yes, everything should be grounded. That reduces a person
own potential to be hit with electrocution of 5 millivolts or

more. The less use of non-metallic non-conductor, the better.

Right, I'm not an electrician and I don't claim to be.

I'm not a licensed electrician, either, but I've had 3 years of electrical school and 2 years of voice/data/video tech school and 2 years of plumbing school and 2 years of HVAC school.

At one point I owned a lot of rental property.

I've mostly only actually done the renting.

I never experienced rodents chewing through metal electrical boxes.
Not saying it can't happen but my guess is it's very rare.

In large urban areas, it happens. Depends upon if there is a particularly bad rat infestation at that time or not. You come to the job site the next day and sometimes see the damage. Metal is always your best bet on new work. I'd choose it for remodeling, too.