Posted to alt.home.repair

Default central air or heat pump

On 7/25/2014 1:18 PM, herb white wrote:
I currently have a central air condition / gas

furnace combination unit that is 15 years old. The
a coil for the AC has major leaks and cannot be repaired.
Should I replace just the A coil and still have a 15
year old unit,put in new central A C, or put in a heat
pump? The winter temps here are in the teens but I
would have gas backup.
How does a heat pump work? any reply will
be appreciated!!!! Herb

We don't really have enough information. 15 year
old system is likely R-22. With what you wrote,
I'd be tempted to replace the A coil, and have the
outdoor unit professionally cleaned. You'll get
several more replies, and each will go in a different
direction.

--
..
Christopher A. Young