Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default A tale of a cheapo ink cartridge ...

On Fri, 25 Jul 2014 15:18:47 +0100, "Arfa Daily"
wrote:

I have a collection of blunt syringes that came with various refill
kits. You could impale the defective cartridge, suck out the ink, and
inject it into a different cartridge.

S'pose I could, but sod's law says that something will happen, and I'll
finish up with magenta ink all over my favourite tee shirt, if I try ...
:-)
Arfa

Some things are best done outdoors. I've learned to refill toner
carts outside after a few messy toner spills. I've also learned not
to clean inkjet printers on my desk as the waste ink sponge is
invariably going to dump a load of ink on something important. I
suppose that refilling carts with a syringe should also be done
outdoors, but I've been fairly successful doing those on my office
desk (covered with newspapers) and wearing rubber gloves. Take your
chances, or go outdoors.

Also, drilling into a nearly full ink cartridge might require a little
added protection.

Also, if you spill some ink on your t-shirt, just keep going:
https://www.google.com/search?q=tie+dye&tbm=isch

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D