Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
John B. slocomb John B. slocomb is offline

Default grounding lightbulbs, fuses and other parts

On Fri, 25 Jul 2014 05:42:34 -0500, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

John B. Slocomb fired this volley in
:

Lloyd, you are throwing **** in the game. Nobody said that they were
going about in sweaty clothes or that the insulation was leaking. I
believe that they were insisting that higher voltages were safer.

You must not have read that very carefully. I wasn't 'throwing ****', I
was making the point that higher voltages are NOT safer, but more
dangerous.

Perhaps I didn't read carefully enough as I thought you were arguing
that low voltage wasn't dangerous. If I'm wrong I apologize.

And I wasn't talking about a trained, well-equipped electrician or
lineman. I was talking about these same idiots who think higher voltage
is safe, decked out in their regular work clothes and leather gloves,
thinking that would protect them.

Somebody once said that there are three kinds of people. those who
learn through study; those who learn through experience; and those who
just have to pee on the electric fence.

Anyone who thinks that higher voltage coming from what amounts to an
infinite current source is less dangerous than low voltage coming from a
"greater infinite" source is just nuts. And... they don't understand the
first thing about electricity.

LLoyd

--
Cheers,