Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] cpvh@o2.co.uk is offline

Default TOT Efficient (Data Usage) Satnav App for IOS

On Thursday, July 24, 2014 8:59:47 AM UTC+1, Jon Connell wrote:
On 23/07/2014 13:46, wrote:

I may be doing a fiar bit of driving in unfamiliar territory soon and

could do with using the iphone (4) as a satnav on occasion. Is there

a free or cheap app which is more efficient in terms of data usage

than the standard offering from Apple (Which I presume downloads maps

as you use them, if I could use an app where preload Surrey maps and

it then just had to work out where it was and where it was going, I

presume that would use less data (i'm a long way off "All you can

eat").

Get CoPilot or TomTom. They're a bit pricey by iApp standards, but much

better than the cheaper apps I've tried.

Jon

Thanks for all the replies guys.

Chris