Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Chevy vehicle question for the motorheads

On Wednesday, July 23, 2014 1:43:09 PM UTC-7, wrote:
On Wednesday, July 23, 2014 11:55:04 AM UTC-4, jon_banquer wrote:

Bosch developed an electronic fuel injection system, called D-Jetronic (D for Druck, German for "pressure"), which was first used on the VW 1600TL/E in 1967. This was a speed/density system, using engine speed and intake manifold air density to calculate "air mass" flow rate and thus fuel requirements. This system was adopted by VW, Mercedes-Benz, Porsche, Citroën, Saab, and Volvo. Lucas licensed the system for production with Jaguar.

Bosch superseded the D-Jetronic system with the K-Jetronic and L-Jetronic systems for 1974, though some cars (such as the Volvo 164) continued using D-Jetronic for the following several years. In 1970, the Isuzu 117 Coupé was introduced with a Bosch-supplied D-Jetronic fuel injected engine sold only in Japan.

Nissan offered electronic, multi-port fuel injection in 1975 with the Bosch L-Jetronic system used in the Nissan L28E engine and installed in the Nissan Fairlady Z, Nissan Cedric, and the Nissan Gloria. Nissan also installed multi-point fuel injection in the Nissan Y44 V8 engine in the Nissan President. Toyota soon followed with the same technology in 1978 on the 4M-E engine installed in the Toyota Crown, the Toyota Supra, and the Toyota Mark II. In the 1980s, the Isuzu Piazza, and the Mitsubishi Starion added fuel injection as standard equipment, developed separately with both companies history of diesel powered engines.

1981 saw Mazda offer fuel injection in the Mazda Luce with the

Mazda FE engine, and in 1983, Subaru offered fuel injection in the

Subaru EA81 engine installed in the Subaru Leone. Honda followed in

1984 with their own system, called PGM-FI in the Honda Accord, and

the Honda Vigor using the Honda ES3 engine.

That reminds me, there is so goodness-awful little info. like this relative to diesel pickup engines and even brands from Europe and Japan.

At one point I was very good with Bosch Fuel Injection. I was all self-taught. This is is the book I learned most from:

http://www.amazon.com/Bosch-Fuel-Inj.../dp/0837603005