Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Chevy vehicle question for the motorheads

On Wed, 23 Jul 2014 11:52:26 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 23 Jul 2014 07:05:03 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

The first American fuel injection I saw was a pre-production
controller for the 1976 Seville in a GM lab.

Cheerystler had 'em in '58, if you can believe that! I was still
doing lots of tuneups and smog certs on carbureted engines in '85
when
I got out of the biz. Most new cars in the very late '70s were EFI,
though. I absolutely adore EFI. No more hesitation when you take
off
in front of traffic every morning, no more carbon-fouled plugs,
better
performance and gas mileage, etc.

http://autouniversum.wordpress.com/2...uel-injection/
"Customer complaints piled in and Electrojection was phased out in
late 1958, with little more than 50 cars built with the system. To
placate unhappy owners, Chrysler arranged to replace the fuel
injection with twin four-throat carburettors at no charge."

-jsw

Chryslers next attemp on the '80 imperial wasn't much more successful.
I believe it had the same solution.