Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Chevy vehicle question for the motorheads

On Wed, 23 Jul 2014 07:05:03 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"DoN. Nichols" wrote in message

Guilty as charged. I haven't worked on engines much for years,
so I don't know when the switchover happened -- especially for
domestic
vehicles. The BMW 2002 had a carb. My Mazda GLCs had a carb. The
Mazda
B2600 I think had fuel injection, but I'm not sure. I do know that
it
had a real timing chain (like my MGAs had) instead of one of the
belts
which fail in some cars at awkward times -- or even slip without
failing, doing nasty things to the timing. :-) The Mazda Navajo
(actually a Ford Explorer) has fuel injection and a weird ignition
system. I'm not sure what my Nissan Cube has, but I like it. Lots
of
inside space and headroom, without taking too much outside space.
:-)

Enjoy,
DoN.

The first American fuel injection I saw was a pre-production
controller for the 1976 Seville in a GM lab.

Chevy had the Rochester fuel injection system as an option WAY back in
1957, and Chrysler experimented with electronic injection on the 300
and Desoto back in 1958 (Electrojector) which was then sold to Bosch
and became the D Jetronic.. They tried again on the Imperial in the
early '80s, before moving to EFI with a venjenceabout 1984 on the 2.2