Posted to sci.electronics.repair
amdx[_3_] amdx[_3_] is offline

Default P6563A Tek probe repair?

On 7/23/2014 12:20 PM, wrote:
On Wednesday, July 23, 2014 12:27:48 PM UTC-4, amdx wrote:
Reading through your measurements, I don't notice anything wrong.
However, in your latest picture you don't have the BNC connector on
which completes the ground to the scope.

The latest picture was just to show you a close-up of the probe tip.

I noticed in your older pictures sometimes the BNC was on and
sometimes it was removed. It should always be on, because it completes
ground the from that funny wire near tip to the scope.

But that's the point...I was demonstrating that I can get a signal from the probe tip all the way through to the scope when the BNC was OFF.

But when I put the BNC on, all I get is a 0V reading.

Oh!

Couple more thoughts,

Sense you have two probes, can you just swap the attenuation network
and see if the solves the symptom?

Mark your parts so you get them back to the same place they started.

And a longshot;
Does your BNC have the pin that resets the scale by a factor of X10?
I noted on your scope display-- Probe Function 20.000X
Is something strange happening in that system?

Yes, this is getting frustrating.

Mikek

---